1. WHAT DO I NEED TO RENT A BIKE?
- 1 piece of government issued Photo ID (passport, drivers license, health card… )
FOR A ROAD BIKE?
- a valid Credit Card with enough available limit to pre-authorize the required $1000 CAD deposit during the duration of the rental. YOU MUST HAVE ENOUGH CREDIT on your credit card account to process a pre-authorization.
2. WHAT HAPPENS TO MY PRE-AUTHORIZATION AFER THE RENTAL?
- If the bike is returned on the same day, after inspection, the pre-authorization is cancelled.
- If it is a multiple day rental, your pre-authorization will be cancelled by YOUR BANK (not us…)after 5-10 business days.
3. WHAT SHOULD I BRING WITH ME FOR MY ROAD BIKE RENTAL?
- Everything is included in your rental fee e.g.) road bike helmet, repair kit for flats, and your choice of pedals – either Shimano SPD pedals, or LOOK road or Shimano road. By all means, you are welcome to bring your own saddle / pedals. Feel free to bring your GPS computer, just remember the sensors!
4. I DON’T KNOW WHERE TO RIDE IN MONTREAL
- We do! Let us help you plan your route…
5. DO I HAVE TO SIGN A WAIVER? I DO NOT HAVE A CREDIT CARD, PHOTO ID OR DEBIT CARD, CAN I STILL RENT?
- Yes, you will need to sign a waiver. Yes, you can still rent a bike without a credit card, photo ID or debit card, HOWEVER, you will need to leave a CASH DEPOSIT equal to the value of the bicycle. If you have a friend, spouse, partner or family member willing to put the deposit on their credit card, you may do so – however, the credit card holder is responsible for the entire bike. We will need both their credit card & photo ID present at the time of rental.
6. WHAT HAPPENS IF I DAMAGE THE BIKE?
- The bike SHOULD be inspected by both you and our team before you head out. Our mechanics tune the bikes before & AFTER each ride! If the bicycle does not work to your satisfaction, LET US KNOW BEFORE YOU TAKE IT! We ensure that derailleurs are adjusted correctly (chain does not get caught in the spokes or fall off), wheels are true and tires are properly inflated. Carbon road bikes do not like crushing or squeezing. Any damage(s) to the frame will be at your expense.
7. WHAT HAPPENS IF THE BIKE IS STOLEN?
- The wavier you sign states that “you are responsible for the replacement cost of the bike”. If you are not completely comfortable with this concept, please do not rent our bicycles. The replacement cost is the RETAIL value of the bike, plus any extras (tools, cages, tubes, computers, etc). We pro-rate replacement cost based on the year of the bike and have you agree & initial what it is.
8. WHAT HAPPENS IF I GET A FLAT TIRE?
- We will be happy to provide you a flat repair kit to take with you during your bike ride (included in the price of the rental), which, you return with your equipment at the end of your rental period. If you do not know how to change a flat, you can try to flag down a stranger who does. Give us a call and whenever possible we will come to you to assist you, tell you of the nearest bike shop to have it repaired, or suggest you take a taxi to one of our nearest bike shops to have it repaired.
9. WHY DOES THE ROAD BIKE NOT COME WITH A LOCK WHEN THE HYBRID BIKE DOES?
- You should not be locking an expensive road bike anywhere in Montreal EXCEPT in your secure hotel storage area. If you lock it outside, you will risk getting it stolen – and remember that you are paying for it if it gets stolen. This being said, hybrid bicycles are also sure to catch a thief’s eye, so be sure to lock your rental in a high traffic area – and preferably nearby so that you may also keep an eye on it.
10. WHERE DO I KEEP MY BIKE AT NIGHT?
- Inside your hotel room, apartment or condo
- Almost all hotels in Montreal will store your bike inside if you ask (tip recommended). Best option is to bring your bike to your room – pop off the front wheel.
11. BIKE FITTING – WILL YOU HELP ME MAKE SURE I GET THE RIGHT BIKE?
- The short answer is Yes! Please feel free to send us your bike fitting specifications in advance of your arriving and we will have it set up for you upon arrival.
- Upon your arrival, our team of professionals will do their utmost to make sure you are as comfortable and happy on your rental as possible.
This post is also available in: French